CodingWebU.com’s courses can be used to fulfill your Continuing Educational needs or (CEUs) by several professional organizations.
Below are the requirements from the organizations on submitting and documenting the educational credits obtained.
- American Health Information Management Association
- Medical Group Management Association
- American Medical Billing Association
AAPC (formerly the American Academy of Professional Coders) was founded in 1988 to provide education and professional certification to physician-based medical coders and to elevate the standards of medical coding by providing student training, certification, ongoing education, networking and job opportunities.
AAPC credentialed coders have proven mastery of all code sets, Evaluation and Management principles and documentation guidelines. CPC’s and other AAPC credentialed coders represent the best in outpatient coding.
- CPC (Physician Practice)
- CPC-H (Outpatient Hospital/Facility)
- CPC-P (Payer)
- CIRCC (Interventional Radiology and Cardiovascular)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CASCC (Ambulatory Surgical Center)
- CANPC (Anesthesia and Pain Management)
- CCC (Cardiology)
- CCVTC (Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery)
- CCPC (Chiropractic)
- CPCD (Dermatology)
- CEDC (Emergency Department)
- CEMC (Evaluation and Management)
- CFPC (Family Practice)
- CGIC (Gastroenterology)
- CGSC (General Surgery)
- CHONC (Hematology and Oncology)
- CIMC (Internal Medicine)
- COBGC (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- COSC (Orthopaedic Surgery)
- CENTC (Otolaryngology)
- CPEDC (Pediatrics)
- CPRC (Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery)
- CRHC (Rheumatology)
- CUC (Urology)
American Health Information Management Association
The American Health Information Management Association (AAHIMA) is the premier association of health information management (HIM) professionals. AHIMA's 50,000 members are dedicated to the effective management of personal health information needed to deliver quality healthcare to the public. Founded in 1928 to improve the quality of medical records, AHIMA is committed to advancing the HIM profession in an increasingly electronic and global environment through leadership in advocacy, education, certification, and lifelong learning.
AHIMA CEU Qualifying Activities
AHIMA Certification Maintenance
AHIMA Certification HIM Domain
Medical Group Management Association
The Medical Group Management Association (MGMA), founded in 1926, is the nation's principal voice for medical group practice. MGMA's 19,500 members manage and lead more than 11,500 organizations in which more than 240,000 physicians practice.
MGMA serves the spectrum of physician practices from small to large, plus other health care delivery systems such as management service organizations, integrated delivery systems and ambulatory surgery centers.
The American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) can get you where you want to be professionally. ACMPE is the standard-setting and certification body of the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA).
Generic CEU Form
American Medical Billing Association
The American Medical Billing Association was formed to provide assistance for small and home based professional medical billers with similar needs, interests and goals. In order to become a voice in the industry, to be the best that we can be, to be recognized for our efforts and to create opportunity among us, members must work together to:
- Provide information and knowledge
- Offer continuing education and ongoing research
- Enable networking among peers
- Develop innovative ideas and new technologies
- Gain recognition for accomplishments
- Provide leadership
- Offer fellowship and fun
The ultimate goal of the association is to provide members with the resources that enhance knowledge and skills to develop new ideas and technology, collectively increasing and realizing true industry growth and leadership among medical billers.
AMBA Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist Certification Information
AMBA CEU Requirement Guide
The Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists
PAHCS (pronounced “packs”) is dedicated to nurturing the professional and individual development of specialty coders, especially those in small group physician practices.
PAHCS was founded in 2003 to offer a certification path to specialty coders. PAHCS was the first association to offering specialty coders an opportunity to attain direct SPECIALTY CERTIFICATION, without taking other exams. PAHCS is a unique coding association because of our focus and dedication to member support.
PAHCS is a communications network and member support system dedicated to enhancing the compliance, documentation and reimbursement capabilities of healthcare coders.
PAHCS currently offers certification examinations in the following specialties:
- Certified Cardiology Coding Specialist (CCCS)
- Certified Dermatology Coding Specialist (CDCS)
- Certified Emergency Medicine Coding Specialist (CEMCS)
- Certified Family Practice Coding Specialist (CFPCS)
- Certified Gastroenterology Coding Specialist (CGCS)
- Certified General Surgery Coding Specialist (CGSCS)
- Certified Internal Medicine Coding Specialist (CIMCS)
- Certified Obstetrics & Gynecology Coding Specialist (COBGCS)
- Certified Orthopedics Coding Specialist (COCS)
- Certified Otolaryngology Coding Specialist (CENTCS)
- Certified Pain Management Coding Specialist (CPMCS)
- Certified Pediatrics Coding Specialist (CPEDCS)
- Certified Podiatry Coding Specialist (CPODCS)
- Certified Pulmonology Coding Specialist (CPCS)
- Certified Urology Coding Specialist (CUCS)